Wednesday, April 15, 2009

free music archive


free music is always a good thing, especially if it's good music (ie not katie perry) and legal to download (boo RIAA).

so some kids at WFMU and KEXP have our back.  they started a site called the free music archive.

the site has tracks from bands such as mi ami and the vivian girls that are legal to download, and not just sample.  some are teaser tracks from their LPs and others are live in studio versions, but regardless its a nice way to collect some new jams.  

click on the link above, and enjoy............

1 comment:

chaz alcatraz said...

So I didnt want to jinx anything until it being official, which as of tonight it now is- I'm gonna be working on this project, doing some archival work with one of its contributors. Check em out - issueprojectroom.org . Tonight was my first night over there, and I only set up mic stands and then sold beers, to the 15 people who showed up to see Henry Grimes and co., 73 and assumed dead until a few years ago; freejazz's goto bass guy back when. He is still fucking amazing. I have a chance to do some mastering/digitizing of their archives, which will then be a part of free music archive. The last 9 months has been mostly full of economic hardship and general despair-i.e. I'm not trying to brag here, but resonate that goddamn finally some cool shit is happening my way...